Vandercook Lake Public Schools
Vandercook Lake Public Schools, as a community - centered district, will provide a safe, respectful, and achievement - based learning environment. We will strive to develop successful and responsible citizens, who are self - motivated to respond to the ever - changing, global society.
Vandercook Lake Public Schools, in partnership with our community, will provide a quality education, empowering all student s to become independent, life - long learners, and productive citizens.
- The most important responsibility of society is education.
- The community, staff, families, and students must be actively involved in our schools.
- The school, community, and families will share the responsibility to model respectful and responsible behavior.
- The integration of technology is essential for a well - balanced education.
- The curriculum must be continually revised and updated.
- Professional development is a priority in maintaining high teaching standards.
- All students have the opportunity to be successful by addressing their unique learning styles, needs, and abilities.
- Appropriate resources are necessary to maximize the learning process.
- Student achievement is met through research - based, best - practice, instructional strategies.
- Successful learning is dependent on social, emotional, and physical well - being.